Thursday, October 7, 2010

Charity, characteristic of a true Cheerleader!

The other day I was talking to my mom, she had had a ruff day. As I listened to her, I told her how much I loved her and reminded her of how amazing she really is. She thanked me............ for being her cheerleader! I said mom I will forever be your cheerleader!

This got me thinking of how we all need cheerleaders in our lives. And I wondered how many times I had been the critic in the back watching when I could have been the supportive cheerleader on the front row. So what kept me back in the crowd? There could be many reasons but two aspects that were definetly lacking was support and charity. A good cheerleader has support and charity for that person. Which makes perfect sense, Mother Teresa said it well, and I'm paraphrasing, ....If you judge people you have no time to love them. If we don't have charity for tha individual we most likely are judging them.

I pray that I will always seek out opportunities to exercise charity and be the loudest cheerleader on the sidelines! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment